If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at email@example.com
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that www.canjamglobal.com (“CanJam”) collects, by itself or through third parties, are: email address, first name, last name, company name and country.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when on CanJam’s website.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by CanJam is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for CanJam to provide its services. In cases where CanJam specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability or the functioning of the Service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact CanJam.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through CanJam and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to CanJam.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
CanJam takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to CanJam, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of CanJam (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by CanJam. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the CanJam at any time.
Legal basis of processing
CanJam may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations CanJam may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with CanJam and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which CanJam is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in CanJam;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by CanJam or by a third party.
In any case, CanJam will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the CanJam’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside their their own or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by CanJam to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with CanJam using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between CanJam and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the CanJam’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by CanJam within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting CanJam.
CanJam may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, CanJam may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow CanJam to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Contacting the User and Managing contacts and sending messages.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Contact forms (CanJam)
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes CanJam to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
Mailing list or newsletter subscription (CanJam)
By registering on the mailing list or for the newsletter, the User’s email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of commercial or promotional nature concerning CanJam. Your email address might also be added to this list as a result of signing up to CanJam or after making a purchase.
MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC.)
This type of service makes it possible to manage a database of email contacts, phone contacts or any other contact information to communicate with the User.
These services may also collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by the User, as well as when the User interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the message.
MailChimp is an email address management and message sending service provided by The Rocket Science Group, LLC.
Personal Data collected: company name, country, email address, first name and last name.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by CanJam.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by CanJam, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, CanJam will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from CanJam.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in CanJam or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by CanJam, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether CanJam is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to CanJam through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by CanJam as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by CanJam in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of www.canjamglobal.com or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that CanJam may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User’s Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, CanJam and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with CanJam (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from CanJam at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
CanJam does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, CanJam shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through CanJam (or third-party services employed in CanJam), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use CanJam, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using www.canjamglobal.com who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (CanJam)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of CanJam. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of CanJam.
The service provided by CanJam as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this site/application.